Have You Had Your Plant Blood Today?

Fresh Veggie Juice
So have you recovered from the gluttonous feast known as Thanksgiving Dinner? Is it just my Hungarian clan or can your family turn a holiday (emphasis on day) into a weekend eat-a-thon too? Lordy! And to think I used to partake in the spree. Yikes, my insides hurt just thinking about all the calories and cholesterol.

While I no longer gorge myself on the traditional T-Day fare, I do partake in foods much richer than I'm accustomed to eating — walnuts, pecans, almonds, dates, raw honey. I typically eat very simple meals of fresh fruits, veggies or sea vegetables, and my first meal of the day is always freshly extracted juice.

I noticed a difference in how I felt as soon as I opened my eyes on Friday morning. Heavy. Sluggish. A little bit fuzzy in my thinking. I didn't like it. Crazy to think that I used to feel that way all.the.time. Ick!

When I learned that Sunday was International Juice Feasting Day, I was all, "Count me in!" As I said, my first meal of the day is always a quart of juice, but sometimes I like to give my body a break and juice all my meals. After all, digestion is hard work. A periodic juice fast, or extended feast, is a wonderful practice to adopt.

People from 16 different countries joined Dave the Raw Food Trucker on Sunday for the first International Juice Feasting Day. If you don't know Dave, do yourself a favor and watch some of his YouTube videos. Here's an inspiring one I particularly love. Dave's been juice feasting for 120 days and has dropped over 200 pounds. He has experienced an astounding transformation physically, emotionally and spiritually.

But one needn't juice feast for 120 days to benefit. My friend Kristen Suzanne calls fresh vegetable juice "plant blood" and I think it's fitting for something that's loaded with organic water, chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.

A juicer will separate the juice from the fiber, leaving you with only pure organic hydration. That's water derived from plant sources, folks, and it's essential for encouraging and nourishing healthy cells.

By removing the fiber, our digestive systems get a break and that nutrient-rich plant blood can pass directly into our bloodstream and start going to work on a cellular level. It's a terrific way to supercharge your immune system and purge loads of toxins from your body.

On International Juice Feasting Day, I enjoyed a quart of Beetific Elixir and a couple quarts of this Green Lemonade:
Green Juice
1 bunch Romaine
2 stalks celery
1 cucumber
1 handful dulse
2 Gala apples
1 lemon
1 inch fresh ginger root

Would you ever consider doing an extended juice feast like Dave?