20 Raw Food Groups: Nothing Boring Here

Aren't you bored with the raw food thing?

I was recently asked this question by my brother. The same brother who asked Are You Going To Eat "Real" Food Again?. My brother, who'd be more than happy to eat pizza every night of the week.

I can think of many things to say about my chosen raw foods lifestyle. Boring never comes to mind. Just take a gander at some of the recipes on this site – click any category under the header – and tell me if you think they're boring.

But I suppose a raw food diet can seem boring if you have no idea just how many different kinds of foods there are waiting to be explored and enjoyed. So, have a look at the 20 different raw food groups:

  • Fresh fruits
  • Salad fruits (those fruits disguised as veggies: bell pepper, cucumber, tomato)
  • Dried fruits
  • Vegetables
  • Leafy greens
  • Herbs and wild greens
  • Nuts, nut butters, nut milks
  • Sprouted legumes
  • Sprouted grains
  • Seeds, seed milks
  • Sprouted seeds
  • Edible flowers
  • Roots
  • Mushrooms
  • Sea vegetables
  • Algaes
  • Cold-pressed virgin oils
  • Spices
  • Superfoods
  • Natural sweeteners (raw honey, agave nectar, stevia)
With hundreds of foods to choose from and endless ways of combining and creating with them, how could I possibly be bored? In fact, I still have a running list of foods I've yet to try but would like to, including: dragon fruit (that beauty pictured above), durian, jackfruit, okra, Irish moss, and maca.

Would you believe that prior to 10 months ago, I had never eaten chard, kale, or turnip greens? Now, I eat at least one of those lovely greens every day. And, I can't imagine life without them.

So, tell me. Have you sampled from all 20 different raw food groups?

Remember, variety is the spice of life. Add some to yours today.