There are lots of websites devoted to educating people about the raw foods lifestyle. I decided to take a cyber-cruise and see what reasons other folks list for going raw:
- To strengthen your immune system.
- To break your emotional attachment to food.
- To raise your vibration.
- To reach your body's natural weight.
- To function at your peak performance.
- To detoxify your body.
- To reverse the signs of aging.
- To have unlimited energy.
- To save time and money.
- To help the environment and lighten your carbon footprint.
Our body is roughly 75 percent water. Try to mirror that percentage on your plate with fresh uncooked fruit and vegetables at each meal.
See that Smart Shopper Guide in the sidebar to the right? Click on it, print the page, and hang it on your fridge. Buy and eat organic whenever possible. Pay with your dollar instead of your health.
Load up on leafy greens – juices, smoothies, salads, wraps, supplements. Aim for at least two pounds of greens a day.
So, if 75 percent of your plate is raw, what's comprising the other 25 percent? Try to improve the cooked components of your diet.
Healthier Transition Foods
- steamed vegetables
- steamed sweet potatoes or squash
- sprouted grain breads
- whole grains
- almond milk
- sulfur-free dried fruits
- unpasteurized cheese and milk (preferably goat or sheep)
- wild-caught fish
- organic, grass-fed meat and poultry
Whatever your current diet, these two books are wonderful resources, chock full of information and inspiration to get you started on your own healing journey.