It's easy to delight in this time of year. Spring is a wonderful time to renew our commitment to life. This requires that we replace complaints with affirmations, despair with hope, stagnancy with movement, death with rebirth.
Infuse yourself with the magic of the season and take the risk to come alive along with the plants emerging, the animals birthing, the earth reawakening, and the hours of sunlight lengthening.
Spring into action by doing something that is earth-honoring and life-affirming to mark this season of rebirth:
- Plant seeds
- Watch the sunrise
- Add some rainwater, lavender and almond milk to your bath and soak in the energy of Spring
- Create a safe haven for birds
- Recycle your glass, aluminum and plastic
- Ride a bike
- Dispose of those cleaning and personal hygiene products in your home that contain toxic chemicals
- Clean your home with earth-friendly products and consider the act to be a prayer and sacred offering
- Give yourself or somebody else the gift of forgiveness
I wish you a most blessed springtime and leave you with a lovely salad to enjoy.
Crisp Cabbage & Apple Salad
1/4 C cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp raw tahini
1 inch fresh ginger, grated
1 lemon, juiced
2 tsp tamari or Nama Shoyu
2 C red cabbage, shredded
2 C Napa cabbage, shredded
2 C Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 C golden raisins, soaked
1/4 C raw sunflower seeds
Blend together the first 5 ingredients and set aside.
Toss cabbage together in a large serving bowl. Toss apple slices with a little lemon juice to keep from browning.
Add apple, raisins, and half the sunflower seeds to cabbage. Toss with the dressing. Garnish servings with remaining seeds.